323 906 0163 or TEXT @ 323 252 0516 taken@headshotsonly.com


Headshot Tips

Acting Advice

Does my child need a work permit?

If your child is hoping to work in CA or NY, they will need an Entertainment Work Permit. The application form needs to be signed by both you, the parent, and your child's school.

For CA, the form can be obtained through the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement office. The application must be mailed in along with a certified copy of your child's birth certificate, a Pediatrician's signature if the child is 1 month or younger and a SASE – self-addressed, stamped return envelope. If it is for a renewal, be sure to include a copy of your child's current permit.

The offices are no longer supplying the permits in person and it is preferred that you mail it in. You may take the application into the office, but it will be mailed back to you (supposed to be a 3 day turn-around). Be sure to follow all the directions on the form very carefully.

Your childs' grades must be a C or better in each class.

This should be taken care of as soon as possible, before your child books their first job.

CA – http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSE-Forms.htm

For NY, I would check the labor laws at http://www.labor.state.ny.us/child/index.htm since the laws in NY have been changing.


The office is listed below.

NY – ACS Administration for Children's Services
Office of Child Performer Permits
150 William Street – Fifth Floor, Room 1
New York, N.Y. 10038


You will also need to open a Coogan Blocked Trust account for your child at one of the major banks or financial institutions that handle them.

Go to http://www.sag.org and click on Young Performers.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the constant changes regarding work permits and Coogan account information, a new and extremely helpful site has been established to help keep you up to date and try to answer all your questions. You can also subscribe to their free Newsletter. I highly recommend this site. www.bizparentz.com. The moms that started this are amazing and they are doing all they can to help make working in this industry a safe, positive and rewarding experience for both parent and working child.

US Passports – Be sure your child and at least one parent or guardian has a US Passport. You don't want your child to suddenly lose out on a job they just booked because the job is being filmed outside the US and your child and whomever is going with them does not have their passports. Things happen quickly in this industry and you/guardian and your child need to be ready to go at a moments notice. US Passport should also be listed at the bottom of your child's resume. Remember, when you apply for your child's passport, both parents must be there in person or if both of you cannot, you are required to have a notarized letter stating approval. http://travel.state.gov


1 2

Commercial and theatrical headshots for actors and 
portrait photography for corporate professionals.
Call 323-906-0163 to set up your headshot appointment.